----- Original Message ----- From:
Subject: Kodak Tmax 3200 question

When i went to the store one of the lab people served me and mentioned that i put down
push 1 stop
when infact i should have said 2 stops.He said this is because the film is actually rated
at 1600.

So now i'm confused. the box gives a time for 3200,(and looking at Digital Truths tables
it seems about
1 1/2 minute is about a stop)so i would assume that 1 1/2 minutes more should give the
6400.

Is he correct in his logic or have i been shooting this and developing at home
incorrectly.

Comments needed and welcomed.

TMZ is an 800iso film, according to Kodak
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/f32/f32d.jhtml#98958
unless processed in T-Max Developer, in which case it is an ISO1000 film.
The developing tables are also in the quoted publication.
3200iso is ~2 stop "push", and looks to require a 50% increase in development time.

My experience is that TMZ is a very low contrast film which responds well to increased development, though as with any push process, actual film speed gains are practically non existent.

William Robb