On Nov 19, 2005, at 6:30 AM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

The directory is "xp2" ... I presume that means "experiment 2" rather than the film XP2? Otherwise, I can't imagine why you'd cross-process XP2 film in E6 chemistry. ??

I never thought of that. It stands for cross-processed #2 :) The film was expired Kodak GPX 160. I hope noone tells me the stuff is valuable like RG25 :)

All three are pretty darn good. It's amazing what a scanner can pull out of underexposed film. The optimized processing for scanning is a slightly thin, flat negative. The negatives I've scanned that look the best would not print well without a lot of effort in an enlarger and wet lab.

After this exercise I have much more faith in my scanner :) With maximum exposure on all three channels in the scanner, I had an acceptable blue channel, a usable green channel, and a red channel which was totally useless.

An interesting experiment but I'll overexpose 3 or 4 stops next time.

- Dave