i assumed using the very best lenses available already. that's only the starting point for producing an top quality digital print. a superb quality digital capture isn't going to look very good straight out of the camera. the RAW file needs to be adjusted before it brings out all of the things that the photographer envisioned before they tripped the shutter. if the photographer hasn't learned yet just how different they can be and just expects the camera's settings to do the work, they are losing much of the potential capabilities of their camera. for the highest quality work, taking the time to postprocess is an essential part of the production of a print.

Herb....
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: LD Elements

Herb,
Forgive me, but I can't decide if you agree with me or not.
I'm primarily referring to image resolution, once limited by the
optics. Doesn't mean, of course, every photog took full advantage of
their quality.
Conclusion: All else being equal, a better quality lens still results
in a sharper image..if that's what the shooter wants.