On Nov 18, 2005, at 10:02 PM, Scott Loveless wrote:

Haven't seen this hit the list just yet, so I thought I'd let everyone
know (my apologies if I'm rehashing common knowledge).  According to
the folks over at Hasselblad USA, the Zeiss Ikon started shipping last
week.  B&H, however, is still/already out of stock.

I think what Hasselblad is shipping are the Limited Edition cameras that had to be pre-ordered. I don't think regular stock is shipping yet.

Did someone mention not too long ago that Cosina is manufacturing the
bodies?  The lenses, obviously, are Zeiss, but is Cosina assembling
those, too?

All but two of the lenses are completely manufactured by Cosina. They were designed by Carl Zeiss, of course, and Zeiss is doing QC. The two lenses being built in Germany, the 15mm Distagon and 85mm Sonnar both use floating elements, and Cosina is not equipped to manufacture such.

Here's a site put up by a fellow who already got his:

http://elekm.net/zeiss_ikon/

He won't win any awards for writing style, but his info is accurate.

Bob