Does it print bands when you do a nozzle test?

That'll tell you if the nozzles are clogged.
Next step is print head alignment. If that's ok, I'd say you either
have a driver issue or an issue with the printer itself, and it's time
to call up Epson and complain.

I saw a test print kicking around near a communal R1800 that I have
access to that had a similar problem, but I don't know who printed,
and when, and I have yet to do a test print of my own in the printer.

-Mat