Another thing about Rolleis is one with slight cleaning marks goes for about 1/2 what one with a pristine lens. That puts a Xenotar (my preference) or a Planar lensed Rolleiflex in the same price range as a Tessar lensed one without the marks. Believe me, if there is any difference in photo quality, then a pristine lens is fabulous beyond belief because the 2.8 E2 Xenotar Rolleiflex with marks I used to have produced supurb trannys. One thing to be aware of is having a Rolleiflex worked on by a really competent person is very expensive (they are mechanically complicated cameras), but it is worth it.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

HEllo Boris ...

Please think about this.  The Fuji 645 shoots in portrait orientation,
i.e., vertical.  If you want a horizontal or landscape photo, you'd have to
turn the camera vertically.  I've never cared much for the 645 format, much
preferring 6x6, and probably 6x7.  Also, I understand that parts and
service are hard to come by for some Fujis.  Not so for a Rolleiflex  40
and 50 yo 'flexes are still going strong, still serviceable.  Get a good
one - even if you have to save up for it, spend a few dollars for a good
CLA, and you'll have a camera good for many, many years of troublefree
service and great photographs.

To see some nice Rolleiflex work, go here:  http://www.edkrebs.com/

Shel "You meet the nicest people with a Pentax"