some of the navigation systems on US warships run on Windows. there was a US guided missile cruiser that was disabled for a few hours because one of its important Windows systems crashed, taking a few other Window systems with it.

Herb....
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Tainter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: IE bashing --> was Re: full size img taken w/12-24

Once when I flew out of Heathrow I looked up at the usual bank of screens showing the status of arriving and departing flights. At the very end of this row of monitors one showed a blue screen that read: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be closed down."

So when you land at congested Heathrow, the world's busiest airport, remember that the place runs on Windows.