On 20 Nov 2005 at 20:11, Bob Shell wrote:

> The pricing just makes no sense, since any of those cameras or the
> ones from Nikon, Minolta and Canon with equivalent sensor size, are
> all about half the price (or less).  I understand that after an
> initial rush of buyers sales just completely died.  I keep hoping to
> hear of an Epson closeout for under $ 1,000.  Then the camera would
> make sense.

I agree, the arguments that the RF makes it XX more expensive to produce just
don't wash, particularly given that there is no need for a pentaprism and other
VF components or a mirror box and the associated mechatronics. I would have
bought one at the US$1k mark instead I think now I'll just try to find new
owners for most of my Leica kit and pocket the cash. Another missed opportunity
I guess.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998