"Bob W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> From: Mark Roberts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> I shot this pano this morning:
>> http://www.robertstech.com/temp/bridge.jpg
>>
>That bridge looks familiar. Am I right in thinking that W E Smith
>photographed it quite a lot?

I'm not even sure what bridge it is. It's actually in Braddock, PA, just
upstream from Pittsburgh on the Monongahela river and home to the area's
only (I think) surviving steel mill. This bridge is abandoned. It's a
railroad bridge that connects nothing to nothing else. There are tracks
on both sides of the river, but neither set connects to this bridge any
more. Just out of frame to the left is an abandoned steel mill:
http://www.robertstech.com/temp/mill.jpg

I'd love to be able to photograph both the bridge and the mill
seriously, but I don't think I'll be able to get near enough to either
:)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing