It simulates digital shutter lag. :-)

Tom C.

From: "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Possibility of Medium Format enablement
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:11:06 -0800

OK, I can see that as a ~possibility~ in situations where critical focusing
isn't required and the subject is far enough away that you can take
advantage of the hyperfocal distance or DOF, and the lens is stopped down
substantially, depending on just how critical you'd want or need the shot
to be.  I agree that all bets are off with lenses past a certain focal
length (depending on camera body/format).  I'll give this one to you based
on the number of qualifiers in the discussion, although I still can't see
any reason for doing such a thing other than to say you did it.

For example, your own tests a few years ago showed that MLU played a role
in generating sharper pics, with a tpod mounted camera, only between
certain shutter speeds, which were quite low - like 1/2 sec to 1/30 sec or
something similar.  If you're shooting at a faster shutter speed it would
seem that the need for MLU is minimized or of no importance.  Trying to
hand hold many cameras (in this case we were talking about MF) at slower
speeds introduces movement and degrades sharpness.  So, what's to be gained
by using MLU while hand holding a camera?

Shel
"You meet the nicest people with a Pentax"