Tom Reese wrote:

I wouldn't take the shot unless I could compose the picture to keep the jet
trail out of the frame. I'm a purist and I would object to the cloning.

FWIW, your picture wouldn't qualify as a nature print in our club and interclub
competitions. That type of manipulation is against the rules. We do have
separate digital categories where that type of manipulation is permitted.

Tom Reese

That's interesting. You do realize that you would thus exclude much of Ansel Adams work then, right? Such manipulations are darkroom standards. In fact, back in the early days of photograpy, putting a new sky into a print was de rigeur because of the problems of plate emulsions that were only really sensitive to blue light (pre-Orthocromatic emulsions, let alone modern panchromatic film) and thus you blew out the sky on any shot of the landscape. Printers kept around stocks of sky images to provide a sky to landscape shots.

-Adam