Derby,

Thanks for the picture.

The double cable release for the bellows handles the timing. It first closes down the lens and then triggers the shutter. This is handy for depth of field preview before actually taking the picture.

All I need is the ability to be able to screw the release in and it activate the switch, which looking at the picture might be possible if I can tap a thread into the middle of the button. Can you tell me how thick the actual button is?

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon

Derby Chang wrote:
Hi Leon,

Do you mean having the remote mechanically trigger a cable release to your bellows lens at the same time as electronically triggering the D/DS? I don't think so. I took mine apart and this is what it looks like:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/temp/IMGP2951.JPG (sorry about the quality of the pic - I've had some wine).

There isn't much travel on the switch on the remote. You need a good deal for a mechanical cable release.

Leon Altoff wrote:

Hi Derby,

I would like to find a remote that I can screw in an old manual release into so that I can use it with my bellows. I made one about 5 years ago, but couldn't find a neat box to use for the switch. Do you think there is any chance of modifying the one you have to accept a manual release?

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon

Derby Chang wrote:

I know that the bits to make a remote switch for the DS can probably be had for about 5 bucks (or more or less free if you work in a company that makes electronic devices, like I do). I had thought about making an adapter for the Cable Switch F so I can use it on either the DS or the PZ1. Not that I'm likely to be using the PZ1 much anymore. But I do like a well made cable - that won't come from me.

These guys are selling remote switches on ebay for $AU20 (plus shipping). http://www.novaphotography.biz/home.htm (the website only shows the Canon version, but look on ebay for the Pentax).

Mine arrived today. Much larger than the Pentax CS-205, but that's a plus for me. I hate fiddling around for a small switch, especially when I'm shooting night shots. Like the Pentax, it is a combo switch and slider lock, which is much nicer than the Cable Switch F two-finger action. The cable is twice as long as the CS-205.