My take was more like Marnie's - softer contrast. I just took the highlight down some on the left thumb which added a little more detail there so it's not so blown out.

http://home.earthlink.net/~allaround6/images/handclasp2rev.jpg

        -P

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I've actually done about three sessions (maybe four, forget) of "Mom at 90." In the second session, I didn't seem to have enough ambient light or something and didn't think I got anything useable.

But I was looking through them recently and decided one or two weren't bad. (I downloaded Irfanview and used its slideshow, which will do Canon RAWs -- probably pulling out the embedded jpgs. Splashed across the whole screen, I got a better view of some. Actually it's a very good way to preview photos. Thanks to those who have recommended it.)
This was taken eight to nine months ago.

I think the thumb could be better. Not quite in focus, or maybe it is in focus, but it has too much high light. Anyway, it looks a little too soft to me. Maybe it could be masked or something in PS CS. I tried darkening high lights, but that was not specific enough.

Anyway, what do you think? Does it qualify to be included in a Mom hand gallery?
Or is the thumb too distracting? And if so, what would you do to fix it up?

http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/handclasp.htm

TIA, Marnie aka Doe