Hi!

OK, just so you folks don't get the idea that I only photograph black and white nudes...

WARNING: This image contains absolutely no nudity, snakes, spiders, green grasshoppers or other nasty beasts. Pyrophobics should not view!

http://www.bobshell.com/PESO/blacksmith034a.jpg

(Taken with available firelight on Nikon D70 set to ISO 1600.)

Bob, I suppose it is not generally a good idea to be somewhat disappointed by a work of maestro ;-)... Yet...

I cannot say why, but I have this feeling that the person you depicted is not breaking sweat... He looks at ease. He doing his job, but he is doing it in a very light, relaxed kind of way. I suppose it is my pre-judice speaking, but I'd like to see some tension. After all the work of blacksmith is dangerous and demanding...

May be I am off base, but that's what I feel when I look at this photo...

Technically, your Nikon definitely did not let you down...

Boris