My sibs and I used to fly around the world as unaccompanied children in the
60s and early 70s. I don't remember anything like that, although we did have
to wear big badges saying 'Unaccompanied Minor', which must have been a bit
of a come-on for some people I suppose.

As far as I remember, the fun would start when we arrived in a fog-bound,
wintry London to be met by some harridan of a stranger who would put us up
for a night in a freezing slum and feed us gruel before despatching us
northwards to Dotheboys Hall for another term of floggings, left-overs and
Latin grammar, when the only thing to look forward to was having our
chestnuts roasted over an open fire.

Luxury!

Bob