I use the Pentax AF-360 FGZ.

I've mostly used it for action photography but I've also used it for product photos. I mostly use it in "A" mode when shooting action because it seems to use less battery power per flash so I have less of a chance of missing shots. I use the wireless feature a lot with product photography and general photography when I'm trying to avoid the on-camera-flash look.

The flash seems pretty accurate with P-TTL until after 800iso but it seems predictable so its possible to adjust for it. I've probably used it in all modes at one point or another but it seems to give me pretty consistent results.

The "A" mode often ends up overexposing so if the camera is set to 400 iso, 150tv, and 5.6Av I tend to set the flash to 400iso and 8.0Av, so about a stop. Bounce flash seems to work fairly well and I'm amazed at how well wireless works with the in camera flash as both as a control and as a master. I don't like that the flash doesn't swivel and I'd like it better if it had more power.

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sorry folks but i just had a thought, and i'm afraid i'll involve you.LOL

Seems to be a lot of flash questiions since the istD came out, and i'm one of
the askers
aswell. I seem to have semi decent results with the Sigma Super and not all shooting modes sem to work, so i was wondering,,,,,

What flash do you find works well on your istD or version there of.A Pentax
flash, the
Sigma Super 500 or other lick Metz or Sunpack or Vivitar.

For your specific type of shooting, ie: wedding, landscape fill flash etc, what
setting do
you find works best. Green mode, Hyp P mode Tv, Av or manual.Does bounce flash work for you or does direct flash only produce results.

As an example in a decently lit lounge with florecent lighting i can get a good
shot at
iso 800,in Green mode with Sigma 500. Change to 400 or 200 and exposure is way off.
However with my D1 or D2H, if i shoot in Manual mode at 1/60 around f 4, ;like
i would
with my PZ-1 or SP i get very good results, but not with the istD.

Just thought i could pool any answers then forward to Tom for the FAQ link.

If you dont want to play, thats ok, i'll forward that to Tom to.:-)

Dave