There are many different definitions of "best". The marketing definition of "best" may not correspond with
the users definition.

frank theriault wrote:

Well, sure, we are agreed better tools are better. The best tools one can
afford is best.

No.

All one needs are tools suited for the job.  I'd say that "sufficient
tools" will produce results (in the hands of a good photographer) that
are every bit as good as "the best tools".

Marnie, I suspect you're buying into what marketers and advertising
agencies would want you to.

cheers,
frank

When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).