> Oops - a report on the dpreview Pentax SLR forum that the photo count is
> reset to 0 by the upgrade.

Well, here's another report on this -

"I found that after the new firmware, when I put in a fresh card, it reset
the image counter to zero. However, once I put in a half filled card, it
started again where it left off. I formatted a new card again and it is
still at the proper image number. I am really pleased to know this, hope
others will find it helpful."

I haven't tried it yet myself - It's late, and I learned long ago to never
do serious technical things when more than approximately 2/3 aslee...

Fred