Brian Dunn wrote:

I'm wishing that Pentax would add quick access to metering modes. Possibly a custom item to swap metering mode onto the Fn keys in place of flash mode, which would then be back in the menus. It's unlikely that you'd frequently be using both at the same time, but I'd switch in and out of spot metering all the time while outdoors, for example.

It'd also be nice if you could switch to spot metering and manual exposure, look around a scene while watching the exposure read-out change, and see if the values are going to be within the range you want. With old lenses.

Does anyone spot meter any more? I started using it with slide film, and you'd think it'd be useful for digital as well.

Brian

I almost never take the D out of spot metering mode. The D does have quick access to the modes though (A switch like on the film *ist).

-Adam