Tom, a well articulated commentary and worthy of much thought.  I
suspect that deeper meanings allow us to relate to something that we
otherwise, might not relate to.  And, as you say, it probably
encourages more effort to make the deeper meaning come out.

Your assessment is very good and mirrors how I feel about it.  It is
always good to get other opinions.  I have to chuckle many times about
how my wife and I perceive images differently.  Many that she likes, I
don't and vice versa.

--
Bruce