From: Ann Sanfedele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'll continue to shoot jpgs, too - hey, Cotty,
this is an area we sure do agree on.
I can shoot raw, but I can't get enough images on
a card - and I have to take time
to run it through a coverter to tif and it takes
too much room on my old computer etc

someone said earlier on the list that if you
nailed the shot there was essentially no
difference.  glad to see you confirm that.

In that regard of course, it depends alot on what you want to do with the image, today, tomorrow, next week, next month. Small size printing or web display's not a problem.

I see plenty of .jpgs here and elsewhere that obviously suffer from artifacts due to repeated saving as a .jpg. The digital binoculars I bought shoot .jpgs. When bringing an image into PS, I immediately save it as .PSD and continue working and saving as a .PSD until/if a final .jpg needs to be produced.

Tom C.