On 1 Dec 2005 at 10:22, Glen wrote:

> In general, the histogram is a big help in setting exposure and contrast
> settings on the camera, but there are still some cases where I think it
> gives misleading information. Some sort of clipping indicator would be a
> nice addition to the camera's preview features, or possibly provide a
> numerical readout of the very brightest and darkest pixels captured in the
> image, as measured on a 0-255 scale.

I believe that the histogram display data is extracted from the embedded JPG
file which is affected by camera settings. Until the histogram is a function of
the RAW data the histogram or a clipping indicator is only going to be a guide
not an absolute indicator.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998