I also experienced "fore focus". That happens all the time when using AF with the FA*85/1.4 on the MZ-S and the F 70-210 (long focal lengths around 135-210mm only) on the *istD.
You (I?) see in focus objects a lot closer than the one you focused on.

Dario

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jens Bladt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 6:19 AM
Subject: SV: Back Focus!

Thnaks, Dave.
I will pass your information on.
Regards
Jens

Jens Bladt
http://www.jensbladt.dk

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 1. december 2005 08:57
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: Re: Back Focus!

Jens
I have never had a problem with "back focus" with my istD, however in low
light situations
with my D1
it does happen.
Camera tends to focus on an object further that what you really want. The
finder in the D1
is very
good, and i can usually tell if i'm off,then i just refocus.

The only time i really see this is during the two indoor horse shows i do,
as the lighting
is very poor.

Dave

        > Hello list
What is "back focos"?
Does the camera focus closer to or further away from where it should?
Which lenses are especially prone to back focus on a *ist D?
Only "analog" lenses?
Please

A friend asked me. I don't know, so I ask where I expect people (you guys)
to knoe the answer :-)

Regards
Jens