Hi Jostein,

Its intersting to hear about H1 being used by outdoor photographer. I would be very interested if you could ask your friend if its usable in low temperatures? Are we getting into the age when only old "obsolete" cameras can be used for a longer period in cold climates say -30C? Even so, if the Pentax 45D will be below 10000$ this will be a hit because Blad digital is expensive.

Cheers,
Ronald

Jostein wrote:

Quoting Pål Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jostein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Also, do you have any thoughts about the ruggedness of the H1 system? Would it
be possible to expose a H1 to more hostile environments, like shorelines,
deserts or wet conditions?
In my opinion the Hasselblad is strictly a studio item...

Not much substance provided to that opinion?

I know a professional nature photographer using H1 for his work. You can have  a
look at his work on the Samfoto website; his name is Svein Grønvold. Since he's
dependent on his tool for his income, he'd be out of business if it was
"strictly a studio item".

Most of the film-based MedFs had a problem with sealing around the detachable
magazines. The Pentax 645 insert solution was much better in this respect, and
also providing more rigor to the body itself compared to the competition. I was
curious to hear if the H1 was somewhat better in this respect than was the old
6x6 'Blad systems, but apparently it's neither worse nor better.
For Norewgian conditions, I'm very sceptical to the use of triple-A batteries.
They are more sensitive to low temperatures than larger cells. I will see if I
can pose Svein some questions about this. :-)

Jostein