----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Studdert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I agree, and add to that the inane use of polarizers and graduated tobacco
filters and the hideous picture is complete. There is a solution though, don't use Velvia and educate those you can. I know it's depressing to witness all the
non-photogs that ooh and ahh over these departures from reality but hyper-
reality tends to sell unfortunately.

I disagree. I find Velvia to be close to reality. In fact, the standard film in the pre-Velvia days, Kodachrome, is far weirder and further from reality than Velvia but people become so used to it that they actually believed that was how reality looks. I tried once. I took one Kodachrome 25 and one Velvia 50 shot of the same scene (forest interior) and went back in the field at the same place with the slides and compared it to reality. The Velvia was far closer to the real thing....

Pål