I like the framing and composition of the first two as well. However, I think in this case that the grain is too harsh and prominent. It renders the flesh tones unpleasant. Since detail isn't critical here, a little gaussian blur might make these much more attractive.
On Dec 6, 2005, at 12:43 AM, Tom C wrote:

Hi Rick,

I like the first two... both are very nice and I would hope that the musician would ask you for prints of them. Well done!

The third composition, pardon me for saying, makes her look a little like a caged animal... it feels like she's about to pick up that harp and jam it down my throat. It may be the way the strings intersect her eyes and teeth. :)

Tom C.

From: Rick Womer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: GESO: Harpist
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 09:34:05 -0800 (PST)

Last year, I posted a photo of a harpist friend along
with some other shots from a musical soiree.  This
year I tried a few more, with a bit more light on the
subject.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=549685

PZ-1p, FA 24-90, Kodak P3200, spot metered off her
face; exposures were generally f/4-5.6 at 1/30-1/60.
Negs scanned on my Epson RX500, minimal processing in
PE2.

Comments invited.

Rick

Just $16.99/mo. or less.