[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Gang.

I did a Google on this but came up empty. Boz's site just mentions the clamp
but no
details.

So.

Can someone fill me in on what the clamp knob does on the lens.
I know what the focus range knob does.(if it does what the Nikon lens does,
then yes.LOL)

Thanks for any assistance.

Dave

Primarily to prevent rotation of the focusing ring when the lens is focused manually and pointed down.

Quote from the Pentax FA lens manual.
"With manual close-up photography using the copy stand in any situation or with the lens pointing down, if you turn the clamp screw to the ON position, rotation of the focusing ring becomes tight. This helps to prevent the rotation of the focusing ring due to the len's own weight and avoid any shift in focus."

When the clamp screw is ON, the focus adjustment also seems to be stiffer when the lens is pointing down then it is when the lens is pointing horizontal. You can test this without the lens attached to the camera.

--
David S.
Nature and wildlife photography http://www.sheppardphotos.com