On 12/7/05, Adam Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On the otherhand, I was hit today by a bike messenger riding on the
> sidewalk through a construction shed. I've found that a lot of the
> cyclists in this town are more dangerous than the drivers.
>
> -Adam
> Who does cycle commute in the warmer months.

No doubt that there are lots of inconsiderate and dangerous cyclists,
just as there are motorists.  I wouldn't hazard a guess as to whether
there are more bad cyclists or drivers out there.

What I do know is that physics intervenes into the equation.  Due to
their mass and speed, motor vehicles are by their very nature more
dangerous than bikes, and any pedestrian or cyclist who tangles with a
motor vehicle will almost surely come out the loser.

None of that is meant to minimize your incident from yesterday, Adam.
He/she shouldn't have been on a sidewalk, and you are most assuredly a
victim.

cheers,
frank