Takehiko wrote:

> Many journalists and writers have pointed out that the
> Pentax company is very much engineer-oriented.  However, I
> think there's a very big gap these days between the sales
> and development/engineering departments within the company.

True, but I think its starting to change. The new boss is an engineer from the camera
dept.....

> I remember another engineering director (I think it was Mr
> Kurei) clearly said in a magazine article that they will
> never give up producing LX until there is alternative
> "flagship" in their products line.  The result is..., you
> all know.

Rings true to me. The LX production stopped this month. The director of camera
division says he wwant to make an LX with AF. And I just happen to know that Pentax is
restructuring the LX plant (forgotten the name) for new cameras and equipment. No
reason to be pesimistic.

Pål