I just bought two of these, and although I have not yet tested them
optically, I am a bit disappointed in the build quality.  Very plastic.  Zoom
feel not that great.  And both my lenses have some barrel wobble.....which is
inexcusable for a single barrel extension.  I also have the new Tamron
24-135, and the build quality is much better....very tight.  Again, I have
not yet compared them optically.

Attn 24-90 owners:  Do the barrels on your examples have a lttle play as well?

Robert James