No, not really. However it will be bigger than a regular door frame.

> Make sure you plan for a new furnace and AC, that's enough extra air volume
> to heat that unless the one you have now is ridiculously oversized, you will
> likely be replacing.

Should be ok in that department.Or so syas my heating guy.

> If you are not planning a two story addition, you should be. The extra cost
> to do it will not be prohibitive when compared to the overall project cost
> for a single story.

We still have not finalized any modifications yet. We have one idea for the
back and 1 for
the side.
I would like to keep it a bungalo. Its a better selling feature in my area. I
have thought
about a
back split. Thats my next drawing to do next week. I'm babysitting GPS units
for a few
days and i
have time to do this in the truck.
Problem is the garage. It prohibits a full width rear extension as it will be
in the way.
I know,
knock it down, but i have not thought the rear site full yet, however trying to
keep the
garage as
is is hopefull.
For ease, the side route is better,back split will give me my extra rooms,but a
much
smaller basement.
This is why i have not commeted to any oe thing yet. My SO wants to start asap,
but i
won't do
anything until we are 100% in favor of the reno.
> Web trusses are worth the extra money over solid 2x8.
> Were I to do it again, I would not use 2x4 construction, I would go to 2x6,
> and if code allowed it, 24 on center to maximize R value, and if I could
> swing it, I would strip the siding off the original structure and clad the
> entire thing in styrofoam insulation as well.

We'll be doing all of the above, with all new siding as well.

> You'll probably have to do a new electrical drop. Don't let anyone disuade
> you from bringing in 160 or so amps. One hundred amps just doesn't cut it
> anymore. I will probably be bringing in another 60 amps at some point.
> So much to think about...

We'll be doing 200 minimum. I have several electrition buddys and thats their
suggestion.

Thnaks for the tips

Dave

PS all depends if the horse is sold to. If not, i won't have time next year to
site sit
construction. I f she is sold, i only have my onsite shows(8) and that may work.
However i'm aiming for late 2006 or early 2007(the latter more likly:-))