>>Do you happen to have a photo of the lens, Derby?  (Thanks.)

> This is the ebay listing... http://tinyurl.com/blnpt

Thanks, Derby.  That's interesting looking.  I've never seen one of 'em
before, and I was just curious.

> I have to say, I'm a bit intrigued with this lens.  It is definitely
> krappy, but in a funny lomo sort of way. Might see what artyfarty uses
> it can be put to.

Yeah.  I picked up a Tamron (Adaptall 2) 70-150/2.8 zoom with an "extra"
control ring on it, for controlling its soft focus effects (from no
softening to a moderate blur and everything in between).  It is not a
"krappy" lens by any means, but I pick it up, not because it might be
"super-duper-sharp", but because I was interested in playing around with
the soft-focus effects (as a portrait lens).  Sometimes you stumble onto
some "odd personality" older lens that just hints at "fun" so much that you
"haftahavit" - <g>.

Fred