----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Arvidsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:50 AM
Subject: Re: PESO - not a skimmer

Hi Christian,

Do you have any picutre of the ballhead-frying pan pod? How did you mount the ballhead to the frying pan -? Sounds really interesting!

:-) no picture of the pod, but I'll post one soon. It was really quite simple. 1. Buy a really nice 10" heavy-duty aluminum skillet pan (not one with a long handle; it has two small handles) for about US$30. 2. Drill a hole dead center. 3. Get a short carriage bolt, several large flat washers, a couple of lock washers and one nut for about US$5. 4. Stick the bolt and one large washer through the bottom of the pan, another large washer, a lock washer on the bolt and tighten it all with the nut. 5. The tripod head then threads on to the bolt. Instant ground pod.

Here was my inspiration:
http://www.naturescapes.net/store/product.php?productid=41&cat=19&page=1

my home-made job beats the $125 Greg charges for his. The funny thing is, the other photogs in the workshop had a laugh about my pod until Greg told him his prototype was exactly what I had built.... :-)

Christian