Adam,

The Dell may have a nice stand and be a very high quality monitor, I didn't say no to that. I just hate the stupid sneering bullshit every time Apple is mentioned. It's a waste of time and aggravating to keep hearing for no reason.

I am quite sure that a few of the additional features in the Apple monitors, and their QC, does adds cost to the monitors. Whether it is worth it to you, well, I can't tell you that. I do know, however, that there are differences in the quality of components and build as I had both monitors apart in the lab when I was there.

I don't boost anything. I just report what I my experience is. I have had several different, non-Apple branded monitors over the years, as has my brother. My brother's Sony and Dell monitors don't come up to the standard of this one, and he's thinking of switching to the Apple Cinema Display 20" because of that. He resisted buying one due to the price too.

Godfrey