FWIW, our 7 yr old CRT TV has been playing up and I decided to buy a
flat screen TV, and  snagged a close-out deal on a Dell 26 inch LCD for
369 GBP inc delivery. This one:

<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1772583,00.asp>

The connectivity is excellent, and at 267 inches, just a tad on the
small side for living room TV viewing, my wife says. Little does she
know this is all part of the Master Plan.

A couple of years down the line: 'Yeah I guess it is a little small for
watching movies on, and I saw a 30 inch at a good price the other day.
Hmm? What would we do with the Dell? Hmm, now let me think........'

< bwahahaha>

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__