On Dec 15, 2005, at 9:38 AM, Jack Davis wrote:

I believe that every "artist" borrows from memories of past works seen.
In other words "lie, steal and make it your own" as tauted
(tongue-in-cheek) years ago.
Ansel's handling of blacks and contrast are very appealing and a style
I'm sure many strive to duplicate. It wouldn't surprise me if there is
"Ansel Adams" soft ware in the works that will give your work that
"look" with a single key stroke. I hope not!

Someone once asked Salvador Dali about his "borrowing" from other artists.

His reply: " The Divine Dali does not borrow, he STEALS!"

Bob

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but
'Hmmm, That's funny ...' Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)