Yes, it's trying to duplicate the master. Do you seriously imagine anyone
succeeded? Got a shot that looked exactly like his?

No. But that isn't the point and doesn't making the least less pathetic.

Truly creative people don't worry about stealing overmuch. Look at all the
painters that said they stole. Why did they say that? Because there are only so many images, so many ideas. And they were secure in their own creativity and
style and skill enough to know what they turned out was unique anyway.

But this isn't the same thing. Stealing isn't meant litterally here. We don't have thousands of Mona Lisa's from well known artists. Lots of people have "stolen" from Ansel Adams but few have gone to the extent of these people. I find this pretty obvious so I suspect there must be some cultural gap here....

Pål