----- Original Message ----- From: "Pat White" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Then there's the philosophical objection: a negative is an image, a digital file is a description of an image.

Personally, I don'æ have a philosophical ojection towards digital or any philosophical connections to film. I mean it quite literally; I don't know why I should go digital. I'm happy with my current cameras and lenses. I have ordered a scanner so that I can get my images easily into digital form. In that way I get all the benefits from digital image handling. I don't need instant gratification although it certainly has it advantages. I actually like waiting for the film from the lab and seeing it on a light table for the first time. In addition, film give me a hard copy I can keep in addition to a copy of the image in digital form. I'm also familiar with all my equipment and I don't need to buy another camera (or lens). I don't use so much film that cost for film and processing becomes a problem. In short, I'm quite happy...

Pål