He had a swaggering literary style and was a Nikon bigot.
I pointed that out to him in a letter years ago. A few years later, as
it happened, I was shooting some Colorado fall and we happened to be at
the same place at the same time. I didn't mention the critical letter.
It's possible I should assign some of the blame to the wimp Editors,
but then, they may deserve some pompous-reducing kudos.

Jack