On Dec 19, 2005, at 8:02 AM, Pål Jensen wrote:

I always though it would have been a very good idea for someone to make high-end, no-compromise third party lenses. Angenieaux tried some years ago but wasn't very successful...

Angenieux's problem was timing. They introduced their wonderful lenses just as camera companies were switching to autofocus. Angenieux did not have the technical capability to make AF lenses at the time, so they simply dropped out.

I did some shooting with their 180mm f/2.5 lens and those are the sharpest and crispest negatives I have ever produced.

Bob