I brought the subject of new dslr intro's up because of the very recent dslr partnership between Pentax and Samsung. I am wondering if Photokina and PMA come too soon to see any results from the collaboration.

DG

At 10:31 AM 12/20/2005 -0500, you wrote:
dick graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>With Photokina and PMA coming up Jan 10 and Feb 26 is it a good idea to
>wait on purchasing the ist ds2 until the shows to see what Pentax has up
>its sleeve?  Any ideas as to what our favorite camera company might
>introduce?

Methinks Pentax will have something *really* cool to show at PMA in Feb
but it probably won't be available until summer. I expect it'll be
priced to be a replacement for the ist-D rather than the DS2 (over $1000
US, in other words) so if you're looking at a DS2 I'd buy it now.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing