A refreshing reprieve for those of us who celebrate the holidays in shades of gray and white. Thanks for sharing.
Paul
On Dec 24, 2005, at 2:23 AM, David Savage wrote:

G'day All,

The stereotypical Christmas image. Snow covered trees, crackling logs
on the open fire, roasting chestnuts, big bloke in red rugged up
against the cold. It all seems a bit inappropriate in this part of the
world. Ask Rob if he feels like standing around an open fire at the
moment :-)

But I digress. This years Christmas miracle in the Savage household,
all be it a day early, is that I got up with the birds on a Saturday
morning to take some pictures of the native West Australian "Christmas
Tree" (Nuytsia floribunda) which is in flower at this time of year.
I've put together a small gallery (8 images) showing what they look
like (the last 2 shots are of a variety of Banksia), and I thought I'd
share:

<http://www.arach.net.au/~savage/GESO/GESO_009>

Wishing you & yours a happy, healthy & safe holiday season,

David