Subject: Survey: How do you use the Histogram/Blinkies?

So, are you taking full advantage of digital?

Yes.

1. Do you feel you understand the histogram?

Yes.

2. Do you ever look at the histogram while you are shooting? When? Under what
situations?

Yes. In the studio, I use the histogram in place of a flash meter. I feel it more accurate. I also check the histogram whenever I am outside my camera's ability to give me an accurate exposure.

3. Do you ever look at the blinkies? When? Under what situations?

Don't get them on the istD.

4. Do you find one of them (histogram or blinkies) more useful than the
other? Do you look at it more? Or do you tend to use both in concert?

I suspect the blinkies would be useful, providing it could be turned off. I think I have that as an option on my Optio 750. I should investigate this.

William Robb