Thanks very much. The in-focus field diameter projected by the transfer lens is exactly 50mm which is what it ought to be. The flat (corrected) part of the image is about 38 mm across. The smaller sensor of the *ist D has certain advantages here; the field is flat to less than 0.5 mu all the way across. And so -- as long as the sensor is normal to the beam we have a perfect match. I have noticed, since starting to use the *ist D, that the images are far sharper in the corners than I generally got with film, even when using Plan Apo and Plan Fluorite objectives and the Wild camera.

Don

Mark Roberts wrote:
Don Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know the exact distance between the front surface of the *ist D mount and the sensor?

45.5mm

--
Dr E D F Williams