> Alan Chan (where is that soul? Hope you are well mate!) had reported
> that Pentax had modified the 77's gearing. Perhaps you have one of the
> newer models.

I just compared the "gearing" (the focus feel) on a silver 77/1.8, and it
is much like what I had noticed a couple of years (or so) ago on two
different 43/1.9's (which I personally did not care for).  However, I have
to say (and some of you know that I am picky about focus feel - in fact,
some of you are probably tired of hearing me fussing about focus feel -
<g>) that the focus feel of the black 77/1.8 I have sitting next to me is
really quite good.  Really, really good.  It's a winner (as in "it's a
keeper")...

Fred