...wise or foolish? Discuss.

I'm going skiing for the first time at the end of February. I expect the
Alps to be alive with the sound of the James Bond theme within about 5
minutes of me strapping the planks to my feet.

Anyway, I will take a couple of film cameras. I assume that it is unwise to
ski with a camera round my neck, but presumably I could carry one in a small
backpack, next to the parachute. I imagine also that it will be quite
difficult to take pictures with ski gloves on.

Does anybody have any experiences, hints and tips about Alpine-style
photography that they'd like to share, please?

--
Thanks,
 Bob-Claude Killy