Hi All!

Happy New Year to All!

Year 2005 ended for me with some enablement:
In the morning of December 31 I received my "present": a used SMC FA-50/1.4.

I didn't have much time to play with it yet, but it seems to be fine.
I have one concern: when I turn the aperture ring - each step has
a substantial resistance, much more substantial than that with any
other lens I own, including SMC F-50/1.7.
I don't know how to explain this clearly, but
when I am turning the ring from one
end to another one in one motion (and I don't mean the "A" setting
that requires the little button to be pushed down),
it feels as if I am somewhat forcing it to go through each step,
while with the F-50/1.7- it also click, but has a more uniform resistance.
The difference is especially noticeable when I am doing that slowly.
So, the FA feels more like a rachet tool..

If I set the aperture to "A" position, and play with the lever -
the operation is smooth (although just a bit noisier than that of the
f-50/1.7, - but that is probably due to 8 blades as opposed to 6 blades).

With the DS I don't really need the aperture ring, but I am just worrying
if that's a sign for something else not being ok.
So, do you have any thought and ideas if should worry about this, or
how I can test what is causing this behavior (am I just paranoid)?

Thank you,

Igor