I'd have to say it's exactly the opposite on the DSLR's. The M42's are easier to use than the K/M lenses, unless you're shooting wide open. Although you still need to use the DoF preview/green button to meter in manual with the M42's.

-Adam

John Forbes wrote:

Agreed. K and M lenses are much easier to use than screw-mounts - unless you use them wide open.

John