From: Godfrey DiGiorgi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 8:15 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Nikon lens on M42 body???????

On Jan 1, 2006, at 5:37 AM, Don Sanderson wrote:

I have the Nikon FM and don't find the viewfinder anywhere near
as bright as the MX.
This may just be my copy, the prism shows very faint seperation
lines so is undoubtedly not at its best.
You have a bad prism and you could fit a brighter screen

The FM2 and FM2n won't mount Non AI lenses without modification
so doesn't do me any good on my older glass.
(Now where's my Dremel?) ;-)
Forget the dremel. Buy the FM coupling ring assembly and fit it to the FM2 or FE2. That's what I did. Technician fitted it to mine while I waited. Works perfectly, if a bit expensive. Might need to source it from an otherwise junked body nowadays.

Fitting the later focusing screen was more of a pain.

Godfrey