Pawel Bartuzi wrote:

Ronald Arvidsson wrote:

aggresively one uses the skis. When doing photos of downhill skiing - use fast shutterspeed as skiers move quite fast.

I know it depends on actual shooting conditions (focal length, skiers speed etc.) but that is exactly what I will try to avoid on my next winter holidays. I noticed that slides exposed on 1/500 or even 1/250 s. (using 50 or 24-35mm as I was skiing along with other skiers) simply show no feeling of movement, even the snow ploughed from under the skis is frozen.

Next time I will sacrifice some sharpness and try some panning using 1/125 or even 1/60 s. :-)

Yes,

That could be a nice pictures when panning with somewhat slower speed.

Cheers,

Ronald